Resources, links, and documents
- “Best practice” case studies of long-term partnership development in capacity-strengthening
- Template for capacity-building case study
- Survey on partnerships and capacity-strengthening activities amongst EAGHA members
Articles on the theme of capacity-strengthening
- Towards a common understanding of the key concepts by T Mirzoev
- Southern Perspectives on Capacity Development, Issues Brief 6. December 2009.
- Global Health Partnerships. The UK contribution to health in developing countries. Crisp N. February 2007.
- Ethics and Best Practice Guidelines for Training Experiences in Global Health. Crump J et al. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010 December 6; 83(6): 1178-1182.
- Guidelines for Research in Partnership with Developing Countries: 11 Principles. Swiss Commission for Research Partnership with Developing Countries. 1998.
- The Royal Society. Knowledge, networks and nations. Global scientific collaboration in the 21st century.
- Indicators of sustainable capacity building for health research: analysis of four African case studies. Health Research and Policy Systems. I Bates et al. 2011.
- Evaluation of a learner-designed course for teaching health research skills in Ghana. I Bates et al. Health Research Policy and Systems 2011, 9:14.
- Evaluating health research capacity-building: an evidence-based tool. I Bates et al. PLoS Med. 2006 August; 3(8): e299.
- What must be done to enhance capacity for Health Systems Research? S Bennett et al. Background paper for the global symposium on health systems research. November 2010.
Organizations/networks with involvement in capacity-strengthening
- The New Partnership for Africa’s Development
- Capacity4Dev group: Capacity Development & Technical Cooperation Reform
- UNDP Capacity Development
- OECD-CD Alliance (OECD Capacity Development Alliance)
- The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF)
- THET- a UK initiative
- IANPHI (International Association of National Public Health Institutes)
- EADI (European Association of Development Institutes)
- COHRED (Council on Health Research for Development)
- Next teleconference December 1st, 10-11 UK Time
- Session at Barcelona Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health: October 3rd, 16:30 – 18:00
- Meeting of sub-committee at Barcelona Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health: October 3rd, 14:00 – 16:00